Harry Palmer: The School for Sordid Sorties Review

Harry Palmer: The School for Sordid Sorties
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Harry Palmer: The School for Sordid Sorties? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Harry Palmer: The School for Sordid Sorties. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Harry Palmer: The School for Sordid Sorties ReviewTook a chance on buying this despite not finding any reviews online because the premise sounded like What if Harry Potter wasn't a magical boy? What if, in fact, he was a rotten, juvenile delinquent who preferred smoking cigs and gambling to saving the day at Hogwarts? For someone who is a pretty big Potter fan, this sounded like fun.
Except it wasn't.
First, it's a self-published book. Riddled with typos, wonky sentences... as someone who edits for a living it made my teeth itch to try to enjoy something I was picking apart the whole time.
Second, the story was just... boring. I was expecting to smile and even giggle a lot more than I did. I would have had a lot more fun with this story, which I still think is an excellent premise, if the author had chosen to use Harry's point of view in the book, as Rowling did in her series. I would have much preferred to hear about Harry's antics from him, instead of being stuck inside other characters' heads - the honorable and athletic Drake, wise Professor Snide, and a few others who all told their stories as if they were the same person. Most of the time, I was left wondering what mean, miserable little Palmer was thinking, and trudging through the book hoping it would get better and hoping I would see more of him.
I did have a few chuckles at the beginning of the book, but for the most part I was left feeling disappointed that I'd bought it at all. I even left it alone for a long, long time, but didn't feel any less bored when I picked it back up in an attempt to finish.
Sorry Mr. Tracy, you had a fantastic idea, you just didn't execute it very well.Harry Palmer: The School for Sordid Sorties OverviewHarry Palmer is a humorous look at the escapades of a juvenile delinquent, which have more down-to-earth explanations than the outlandish stories you may have heard. His interest in magic is how Harry ingratiates himself with a doddering old headmaster whose interest in witchcraft (and savior complex) blinds him to Harry's true colors.Rather than Quidditch (what the heck is that?), the school is mad for polo, but Harry isn't the star of his house's team.The closest he gets to the polo team is when he tries to pilfer something from another student and gets swept away with it by a cantankerous horse and taken for a wild ride. For punishment he has to clean the stables, but Harry's got a plan to get out of that!Scheming Harry is surrounded by other humorous characters, including the puny and conniving groundskeeper, Haggard, Drake Mollify, a boy with a critical father whom he works hard to please, and Drake's two friends, Denis Crumbe and Geoffrey Galle, who offer sarcastic commentary on Harry and his crew with word-play and puns.They have numerous run-ins with Harry and Juan Walsey, the younger brother and carbon copy of twin siblings who are the school bullies and Drake's main polo rivals, and Perdita Grungy, who seeks approval from her peers by trying to be seductive and worldly, although she usually ends up falling flat on her face and looking very un-sexy.Join Harry and the gang for lots of witty, irreverent fun!

Want to learn more information about Harry Palmer: The School for Sordid Sorties?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment